Monday, March 26, 2012

Encryption of Column

Hi,

Is there any possible way, that while I transferring a table from another table, I can specifically encrypt a column? Is there any step on how can I do this?

Need Help Badly

Thanks

There is no stock encrypt task or transform in this release. However, that needn't stop you.

Kirk Haselden's SSIS book has a CryptoTask which can be adapted from a custom task to a custom transform, or more easily, a script transform.

The options for column encryption right now, are to write code for in-pipeline transforms, or to have an auto-encrypting destination.

In-pipeline encryption would require writing a custom/script tranform to modify the data in the pipeline, or a custom/script destination which call's SQL server's EncryptBykey() function, for example, to modify the data at endpoint.

There may already be third party encryption pipeline transforms available, I'm just not aware of any yet. When I get a chance, I'll post a script transform which uses the RijndaelManaged object similar to Kirk's CryptoTask.|||

Hi

is CryptoTask a third party ? Where Can I Find it? Is there any possible way? I mean more simplier way?

Thanks

|||

arsonist wrote:

Hi

is CryptoTask a third party ? Where Can I Find it? Is there any possible way? I mean more simplier way?

Thanks

You can stage your data in an intermediate table and then use SQL Server's encryption utilities by using an Execute SQL task to call those utilities against your staging table.

No comments:

Post a Comment