Thursday, March 29, 2012

end conversation causing blocks

Hi

I was trying to clean up some conversation in Service Broker and caused alot of blocking that I seem to unable to kill. there was 1 conversation that I was not able to end, so I wanted to restart sql service, But I can't even restart the SQL service. I get the following in Event Viewer

Timeout occurred while waiting for latch: class 'SERVICE_BROKER_TRANSMISSION_INIT', id 00000001A2B03540, type 2, Task 0x0000000000C2EDA8 : 0, waittime 5400, flags 0xa, owning task 0x00000002DEBCA5C8. Continuing to wait.

Has anyone come across this

thanks

Paul

have you tried to clear the conversation?

declare @.conversation uniqueidentifier

while exists (select 1 from sys.conversation_endpoints )

begin

set @.conversation = (select top 1 conversation_handle from sys.conversation_endpoints )
print @.conversation
end conversation @.conversation with cleanup

end

No comments:

Post a Comment