Thursday, March 29, 2012

end conversation : security context could not be retrieved

HI

I have a service broker setup between 2 remote server. The message send does get sent to the target, but I am having a problem where the end conversation message from the target is failing. I did a trace on both the target and the source server. here's what I found

On the Target Server:

on Broker: Message undeliverable This message could not be delivered because it is a duplicate

On the Source Server

on Broker: Message undeliverable This message could not be delivered because the security context could not be retrieved,

I do not understand why the message is delivered, but the end conversation message is not getting thru. On the Target transmission_queue. I have millions of messages like this

conversation_handle to_service_name is_end_of_dialog message_body transmission_status

E0C69E8F-37E9-DB11-AB7A-00145E7A209C source 1 NULL

I reinstalled the broker several times, but always get this problem.

thanks

Paul

Each Broker: Message undeliverable This message could not be delivered because the security context could not be retrieved event should also be accompanied by an event of type Security Audit/Audit Broker Conversation. That info should explain why the 'security context could not be retrieved'.|||

Hi

I did trace with audit broker conversation, there is this event after it, but there are not error message? I recently ungraded to sp3, could this be a problem

thanks

Paul

|||

HI

I was reading the other thread about no security header and check the time in the enqueue time, which was ahead of the server time

the last enqueue_time on the target was

2007-04-13 22:27:16

but when I did a select getdate()

I get 2007-04-13 20:24:03

how can the enqueue time be in the future?

thanks

Paul

|||what is the event subclass?|||Because of the distributed nature of messaging, all SSB times are UTC|||

it is : no security header. but I check the time on both machines, they are the same. If they were different, the send message would have the same error as the end dialog message?

Paul

|||Check if UTC time is the same, using getutcdate(). A problem could be if latest daylight savings patch was applied on one machine and not on other.|||

hum? I did a getutcdate() on both machines, they show the same time. If the time was the problem, wouldn't the sent message fail too? But I am unable to verify whether KB931836 was installed on one of the machines. I'll need to ask the SA on Monday. But the date change patch you bring up is an interesting point. If one of the machine does not have the patch, it would explain another problem we had last week regarding insert records from another machines where its was 1 hr late. thanks for the help. we'll see monday

Paul

|||

HI

I still have this problem, I was told that the servers where both patched with sp2 several weeks ago. I did more tracing on the sender and target. It seems the end dialog message from the target was successfully pocessed by the sender queue. Only after when the queue process the end dialog do I see "security context could not be retrieved" in the trace. Does Service Broker send another message to the the target after the sender ends the conversation?

Paul

|||

I met the same problem in our environment. our environment is:

Sender: SQL 2005 SP1, 64Bit CPU, windows 2003, 32G memory (currently only has SSB run on it, seems use more than 20g memory and about 40 % cpu resource)

Target: SQL 2005 SP1 ,32bit CPU, widnows 2003, 16G? memory.

the same situation, when the sender END CONVERSATION... i get the "security context could not be retrieved" from profiler90.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment