Thursday, March 29, 2012

Endless running package using a proxy

I have a package which runs fine, when I execute it with my account (e.g. double-click on the .dtsx file and run it).

Now I would like to establish a job, which starts the package. I created first a credential for my Account (which is a domain administrator account also for the box, where SQL Server is running on), then I defined a proxy to this credential.

In the job definition I changed the Run as... to this Proxy (it is a SSIS Proxy) and then I started the job.

Th job does NOT abend, it runs forever! So I have to stop it manually.

In the log I can see as last entry : "operation complete". It stops at a "Execute process task" where I call the bcp utility.

Does anyone has an idea, why a package can run forever?!?!

Regards

Norbert

Sorry, it is not the package running forever (it logged "operation complete) but the job does not stop.

In addition I would like to add another information. I tested the package also as CmdExec Call (dtexec ....) but the result is still the same.

Regards

Norbert Bender

No comments:

Post a Comment