Thursday, March 29, 2012

endpoint already registered to another service

I am unable to create endpoint in the Windows 2003 server using SQL 2005. I also tried reserving the namespace before CREATE but i still end up with this error

Msg 7806, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The URL specified by endpoint 'zzzzzz' is already registered to receive requests or is reserved for use by another service.

Msg 7807, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
An error ('0x800700b7') occurred while attempting to register the endpoint zzzzzz.

My code looks loke this:

IF EXISTS ( SELECT name from sys.http_endpoints WHERE name = 'zzzzzz' )
DROP ENDPOINT zzzzzz
GO

CREATE ENDPOINT zzzzzz

STATE = STARTED AS HTTP (
site='servername',
path='/sql/zzzzzz',
AUTHENTICATION=(INTEGRATED),
PORTS = (CLEAR) )
FOR SOAP(
WEBMETHOD 'http://servername/' . 'sp1' (NAME = 'dbName.dbo.sp1'), WEBMETHOD 'http://servername/' . 'sp2' (NAME = 'dbName.dbo.sp2'),
WSDL = DEFAULT,
BATCHES=ENABLED)
GO
-- End of Script --

The script that I use is correct and it works fine on my local machine (Windows XP). The user that I used to crete an endpoint on the server has 'sysadmin' level. The IIS was already turned off. Also I run the script by using the RemoteDesktop to connect to the server (Windows 2003) that has SQL Server 2005. If anyone has an idea about my problem, please help me !!!
Thank You
Zee.

This evening I received a very similar response to the following T-SQL execution while under MS Server 2003 and SQL Server 2005;

CREATE ENDPOINT [xxx] STATE=STARTED

AS TCP (LISTENER_PORT = 5022, LISTENER_IP = ALL)

FOR DATABASE_MIRRORING (ROLE = ALL)

An endpoint already exists with the bindings specified. Only one endpoint supported for a specific binding. Use ALTER ENDPOINT or DROP the existing endpoint and execute the CREATE ENDPOINT statement.

Msg 7807, Level 16, State 1, Line 9

An error ('0x800700b7') occurred while attempting to register the endpoint 'xxx'.

No comments:

Post a Comment