Friday, February 24, 2012

Enable Report Builder for User

I cannot figure out how to display the 'Report Builder' icon in the toolbar for a user.

I've tried setting the different security roles, but the icon doesn't display.

Thanks.

I guess what I should have asked was -- "How do I deploy Report Builder to a user?"

I've found that this URL will execute Report Builder -- http://server name/reportserver/reportbuilder/reportbuilder.application

What is the best way to deploy ReportBuilder to a user?

|||

Hi,

If I am correct, you want the user to build his own ad-hoc reports using the report model. If this is correct, when the user click on the report builder, he will be able to select the report models (already deployed on the production server).

When user selects the report model and the format for the report, the report builder is available to the user as clickonce application. It would require .NET framework to be available on the user's machine as prerequiste.

Hope this helps.

Virendra

|||

Hi Virendra,

I am having the same issue with Report Builder as Pwomack.

Like Pwomack i found that same link to http://<<server>>/reportserver/reportbuilder/reportbuilder.application although i couldn't use it because our users work with Res Powerfuse in a Terminal Server environment (users don't have access to the local C: drive and .Net Framework tries to place Tmp files in Documents & Settings\username\local settings\... which is prohibited in our environment / infrastructure.)

I've been testing and i've tried to adjust user rights and such but without luck. The .Net framework is installed on our servers. Do you have any other suggestions where i could look?

With regards,

Gawelles

No comments:

Post a Comment