Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enabling Drill thru in Excel Pivot Table

Am I mistaken, or are we not able to share details contained in the fact table with our excel pivot table users?

I have enabled drill through in Analysis Services and it works terrifically from that console...how can I deliver the same detail content to my pivot table users? If not in a pivot table, what is recommended that can easily be integrated with the pivot tables?No you cannot drillthrough from a pivot table but microsoft was nice enough to give you code to enable a drillthrough. (Although I havn't tested it on fist glance I personally would modigy some of it).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexcl2k2/html/odc_xlextendolap.asp|||You're assuming I'm capable. Despite my inadequacy, I will see what I can manage.|||PS - Thanks for the heads-up. It's appreciated.|||Ok, after I tested it I decided against it.
It only works with office XP and an addin.
A link to the AddIn in found on the same page i gave you.
I you have office XP and this works, let me know.
Although this is a pathetic reason to upgrade a office of 300 people to office XP.
Sorry for Bitchin just letting off some steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment