Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enabling automatic ClickThrough/ Drill Into for Report Builder Reports against a model

Hello - I am having difficulty enabling the automatic click-through functionality for my model. I have two entities - Customer & Incident. Incident is a role/FK/OptionalMany relationship to customer.

I've read through earlier postings on this subject (below) and have verified that the #Incidents attribute in my incident entity has the EnableDrillThrough=true.

My test report is simple - Customer Name (from customer) and #Incidents (from incident). When I run it, the click-through option is not available (the cursor stays as an arrow and doesn't change to a finger).

Are there other properties or settings that I need to be working with? I have SP2 (9.0.3042) installed on our Standard edition of SQL 2005. I know Infinite Click-Through is not in Std edition, but a few levels should be, correct?

Thanks in Advance,

Toni

Other related postings -

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1260819&SiteID=1

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=657279&SiteID=1

I just installed my model on a machine with Reporting Services Enterprise edition and the click through is working.

I'll try to get verification from Microsoft on this difference in versions and will post back.

|||The entire feature is available only in the Enterprise edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment