Friday, February 24, 2012

Enable tcp/ip protocol via registry

Well, I need to enable the tcp/ip protocol via registry,
so I added the following value inside the registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsof t SQL
Server\GESTP\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp]
"TcpHideFlag"=dword:00000000
"TcpDynamicPorts"="0"
"TcpPort"="1433"
But if I call the svrnetcn tool tcp/ip isn't listed as enable protocol.
Why?
Andrea Moro
I forgot to say ... I want to enable the tcp/ip protcol
for a named instance.
I suspect that sql tool do more thing that alter the
registry keys I specified.
Andrea
|||hi Andrea,
"Andrea Moro" <moroandreaet@.ettiscali.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:%23dg$jOX2EHA.2180@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
> Well, I need to enable the tcp/ip protocol via registry,
> so I added the following value inside the registry
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsof t SQL
> Server\GESTP\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp]
> "TcpHideFlag"=dword:00000000
> "TcpDynamicPorts"="0"
> "TcpPort"="1433"
> But if I call the svrnetcn tool tcp/ip isn't listed as enable
> protocol.
> Why?
you have to check
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL
Server\InstanceName\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib
\ProtocolList
key, that must include the "tcp" value
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.9.1 - DbaMgr ver 0.55.1
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply

No comments:

Post a Comment