Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enabling E-Mail Delivery for RS

What is required in order to schedule a report for email delivery?
I have modified the RSReportServer.config file on SQL Server and created a
subscription for a report.
I can setup the subscription but it never runs.
Is there another step that I have left out?Carl,
Do you get any error messages in the Status column on the Subscriptions page
of report designer?
Andre
"Carl Meister" wrote:
> What is required in order to schedule a report for email delivery?
> I have modified the RSReportServer.config file on SQL Server and created a
> subscription for a report.
> I can setup the subscription but it never runs.
> Is there another step that I have left out?
>|||Andre,
On the subscriptions page for the report in the status column is "New
Subscription".
The Last Run column is empty.
I have this report scheduled to run every hour but it seems like it never
kicks off.
"Andre" wrote:
> Carl,
> Do you get any error messages in the Status column on the Subscriptions page
> of report designer?
> Andre
> "Carl Meister" wrote:
> > What is required in order to schedule a report for email delivery?
> >
> > I have modified the RSReportServer.config file on SQL Server and created a
> > subscription for a report.
> >
> > I can setup the subscription but it never runs.
> >
> > Is there another step that I have left out?
> >|||Hi Carl
I think the "SQL Agent" need to run, check this.
BR Per

No comments:

Post a Comment