Friday, February 24, 2012

Enable SQL Server 2005 Remote Connections in Windows 2000

Hi,
I setup SQL Server 2005 on a Windows 2000 Professional machine. The
MSSQLSERVER service seems to be running fine in the beginning but does
not restart if I enable connections via TCP/IP.
I have this problem only on a Windows 2000 machine and it works fine if
I setup SQL Server 2005 on a Windows XP machine.
- ramadu
:
> Thanks for your response Sri,
> Hope that will help you resolve the problem. If you meet any further
> problem, please feel free to post here.
> Regards,
> Steven Cheng
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
>
> ========================================
==========
> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
> ========================================
==========
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
.
>
> Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
> (This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.)
>Hi Ramadu,
Thank you for your post.
Since Steven is Out of Office, I will take response of this issue.
Would you please provide some detailed information for me to troubleshoting?
1. Please let me know if there is any error in Event log when you start SQL
Server.
2. Please let me know if there is any error message in the SQL error log.
By default, the error log is located at Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL.n\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG
Please let me know the result and so that I can provide further assistance.
Sincerely,
Wei Lu
Microsoft Online Community Support
========================================
==========
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
========================================
==========
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment