Sunday, February 26, 2012

enabling anonymous access to reports

I'm developing an SSRS 2000 solution that will require allowing anyone in
the company to view certain reports but only a select few to create them
(while I administer the site).
I understand how to add users specifically (Windows NT logins) and assign
them roles, so I'm partway there. What I can't see is how to also enable
anonymous access, either generally or to specific reports or report folders.
If I turn anonymous access on in IIS for the Reports and/or Reportserver
folders, I lose the ability to administer the site. If I turn it off,
anonymous users can't get in. Security seems either black or white and I'm
looking for some shade of grey. I've tried numerous combinations of
settings and nothing has worked. I've added the server's IUSR account to
the SSRS solution but it didn't make any difference. Guest account is
disabled on the server.
What am I missing here? Is it an IAS problem? Note that IAS is on but not
registered in Active Directory for this server (IT is resisting enabling
that) so I hope that's not the problem here.
Thanks all,
Randall ArnoldSorry, posted to wrong group.
Randall
"Randall Arnold" <randall.nospam.arnold@.nokia.com.> wrote in message
news:1158332929.797373@.xnews001...
> I'm developing an SSRS 2000 solution that will require allowing anyone in
> the company to view certain reports but only a select few to create them
> (while I administer the site).
> I understand how to add users specifically (Windows NT logins) and assign
> them roles, so I'm partway there. What I can't see is how to also enable
> anonymous access, either generally or to specific reports or report
> folders. If I turn anonymous access on in IIS for the Reports and/or
> Reportserver folders, I lose the ability to administer the site. If I
> turn it off, anonymous users can't get in. Security seems either black or
> white and I'm looking for some shade of grey. I've tried numerous
> combinations of settings and nothing has worked. I've added the server's
> IUSR account to the SSRS solution but it didn't make any difference.
> Guest account is disabled on the server.
> What am I missing here? Is it an IAS problem? Note that IAS is on but not
> registered in Active Directory for this server (IT is resisting enabling
> that) so I hope that's not the problem here.
> Thanks all,
> Randall Arnold
>

No comments:

Post a Comment